Mazda RX-8 Front Drift Angle Lock Kit
Mazda RX8 Lock kit by Wisefab has a relocated steering rack for better performance. We have created a custom 7075 aluminium billet U-joint to connect Mazda steering colum with the BMW rack. This lock kit has revised kinematics with adjustable Ackermann with custome washers. All the OEM bushings are replaced with spherical bearings for a better and precise handling.
Want to know how does Wisefab Lock kit fits your driftcar check below the link CHECK FITMENT or here!
Check out the Mazda RX8 rear suspension kit!
Scroll down to order your spare parts conviently right here!
Here is our recommended alignment parameters:
Toe in/out: If Ackermann is 0 or negative then toe is 2mm out. If Ackermann is positive then toe is 0
Camber: -4 +/-0,5
Caster: 6 +/-0,5
- Suitable for Mazda RX8 and MX5 NC (2005 – 2015)
The kit comes with parts to fit a BMW E36 or E46 rack to the subframe. The knuckle has 2 positions for tie rod attachment: for original rack position and for a lowered position. For lowered position it has also some adjustability in case someone has already lowered the rack and it doesn't match with our designed height.
- 65 degrees of lock, parallel steering
You can tune your steering geometry either towards positive or negative Ackermann in just a few minutes even at trackside without messing up the alignment. The Ackermann adjustment kit is included.
- Adjustable lock stopper
- Higher roll center (RC)
On Wisefab knuckles, both joints are dropped, which brings the front RC up on a lowered car, providing higher roll stiffness, good camber control and minimal bump steer with high steering angles. With our kinematics we have assured that the camber will provide very good front grip and bump steer is minimal throughout the steering range.
- Steering jacking control
During drifting, when steering angle is increased, jacking is also bigger, even with the same geometry it could become a problem. We have changed the geometry in a way that doesn't cause any handling issues.
- Consistent and predictable self-alignment torque
Caster is not the only important parameter to provide sufficient self-alignment torque, especially at high lock. It's the combination of different parameters to maintain consistent trail and self-alignment torque. With our setup the steering wheel turns always to the direction of movement and doesn't get stuck at full lock.
- Upper and lower control arms
- Knuckles with hardware
- Assembeled tie rods
- Rack relocating kit
- Installation guide
- This kit assumes coilovers for enough clearance
- Ride height is designed to be ~80mm when measured from the subframe to the ground
- Dependent on rim width and ET, widened fenders or flares will be needed
- Inner wheel wells do not need to be modified with tire diameter up to 635mm (215/45R17, 225/45R17, 235/40R17, 225/40R18 etc)
- Minimum rim size is 17"
- Recommended backspacing is ~135mm (7" ET45; 8" ET35; 9" ET20). If ET is smaller, then wheels stay more outwards, if ET is bigger, then spacers need to be used
- Original wheelspeed sensor (ABS sensor) can be used
- Original swaybar can be used in front